crystals are friends || 5x7
The crystals on this print are scans from some of the 156 prints found among the 15 copies of The Human Matrix, an artist book I created in 2014. The Human Matrix includes two essays and twelve prints of crystals, each a hand-stamped print of a drawing I made of a crystal (from photos found online). After drawing the illustrations, I used my Silhouette cutter to create stencils, which I then used to hand stamp the prints onto paper towels that I had saved from cleaning up a tie-dying project. After stamping, each of the 156 prints was hand cut, with each print being unique thanks to its printing support and technique. I scanned a portion of the finished crystal prints, and this illustration features just a handful of my favorites.
This print also serves to remind us of our connection to Minerals, Rocks, and Stones, and to Mother Earth herself. In so many ways, we ourselves are walking Crystals, and the more we stay open to this truth and our connection to crystals themselves, the more sustainably balanced we might find ourselves to be.
• Print measures 5x7
• Other sizes available. If you would like a different size, please contact me
• Full color print, printed onto archival Red River paper with Canon photo inkjet inks
• Each print is signed and dated
• Prints come with LOVE PRINT manifesto card, which is a powerful text in and of itself
• Prints come protected in a resealable poly bag
• All prints are shipped FLAT
• All in-house fulfilled orders include a special gift & handwritten thank you note! Gift wrapping is available. Please let me know if this is a gift!