The Rocks & Stones That Made Me
Inspired in large part by my recent return to the lands that made me, this book is a meditation on the nature of place and space as I have experienced it in New England, specifically in the corner of Connecticut where I was raised and now have returned to. In The Rocks and Stones That Made me, I explore the ways in which physical landscapes influence and shape us by exploring the metaphysical aspects of geology, nature, and self.
CONCEPTS EXPLORED INCLUDE:
- Metaphysical perspectives on geology, nature, and self
- Place & Space // The Nature of Home
- Old New-Gate Prison & Copper Mine
- The geological formation of East Granby CT
- Copper and copper mining
- The role that water plays in human life
- 6 full color spot illustrations
- One full page, full color Rattfink illustration.
- 11 pages, full color.